The Compact Parang is a modern version of the traditional jungle tribesmen’s machete. Its heavy blade makes short work of branches or vines. An invaluable tool in the jungle.
Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series -
Introducing the Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series of gear. This collaboration brings together Gerber’s over 70 years of knife and gear expertise with Bear Grylls' extensive outdoor survival and adventure experience to create a one of a kind line of knives, tools and gear.
From his time in the British SAS, to scaling Mount Everest, to hosting his survival television show all over the globe, Bear knows what it takes to be a survivor in extreme situations. Each item in the Survival Series is meticulously designed by Gerber and Bear to offer a multitude of uses in any environment.
Gerber Fixed Blade Knives -
Typically used for hunting or camping, fixed blades do not fold, making them extremely stout and secure. We use both full and partial tangs in our fixed blades, which are made using a high carbon stainless steel. The handles are made from a variety of materials including wood, genuine stag or our patented softgrip technology.
- Head material: high carbon steel
- Handle material: textured rubber grip
- Sheath material: ballistic nylon
- Angled blade - ideal for clearing brush or limbs
- Robust high carbon steel blade - enhances strength, corrosion resistance & is easy to sharpen
- Full tang construction - boosts durability
- Ergonomic textured rubber grip - maximises comfort & reduces slippage
- Ballistic nylon sheath - lightweight, military grade & mildew resistant
- Lanyard cord - acts as guard, enhancing grip security
- Includes land to air rescue instructions
- Priorities of Survival - pocket guide contains Bear's survival essentials
Size & Weight -
- Blade length: 9.3" | 23.6cm
- Overall length: 15" | 38.1cm
- Weight: 17.6oz | 500g